Neuromechanical Skills Training (NST)
BioSport Technologies incorporates a progressive skills training technique into each sports performance program. In addition to restoring or improving flexibility, strength and power, the body must be re-trained to move in effective patterns for optimal performance output.
Once the movement pattern is identified and understood, a set of drills to re-train the pattern can be developed. These drills are designed to induce changes and adaptations in the neural pathways, which develops a better link between the brain and the muscles.
- Build the core movement pattern.
- Connect the core movement pattern to more complex movement patterns.
- Build the complex patterns into the sport activity.
- Finally enhance the overall sport activity pattern by increasing body segment speeds and momentum transfers.
Neuromechanical Basis of Kinesiology
– Roger M. Enoka, 2nd Edition, 1994
Motor Learning & Performance
– Richard A. Schmidt, 1991